Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

MY TONGUE "RING" STORY.

from the culture that i was raised in, body piercings, tattoos are considered taboo. im not saying that my culture isnt diverse enough, but we have been raised to believe that being, and staying simple is the ONLY or the BEST way to go.

of course, with the rebel in me, i begged to differ. i wanted to explore, and see how far i can bend the "culture" im in. specially seeing how my generation is defying whats expected has been one of the things that has convinced me into wanting to do something "taboo".

24th of January 2010,Davao Philippines: i was hanging with family at the mall, spending one of my last few days in my hometown, i just had this idea of getting my tongue pierced. since i money wasnt a problem anyway,and I'M WAY PAST OVER DUE FROM GOING "HOME" to MD , i said to myself  "fuck culture, and fuck whatever people will think". being raised in a solid Christian family, i knew my parents were going to be totally against it. but oh well, i was already at the tattoo shop, with my brother, and sister; ready to get my tongue pierced. after a few minutes of waiting, i FINALLY, FINALLY HAVE IT!

it was definitely one of those moments that defined me, that defined Janna. i conquered fear, i conquered pain, and i definitely did! i have always, always been this shy, quiet asian chick who's afraid of everything. afraid of what people may say, may think, may do. but that on that day, i said "but hey,  i did it, i went pass through it". talk about trypanophobia! the moment i saw the needle that was going to be used to poke me, i almost fainted. but, like i said, FUCK IT, im getting this shit done, and over with! :) the pride i felt that day was truthfully one of the most self-fulfilling moment of my life.

but still, with the freak in me, i took prophylactic antibiotics just because i feared infections,and thats one thing i didnt wanna mess with. lol i dealt with a week worth of pain, on my tongue, and was on a soft diet. it was HELL.

so,what good did getting my tongue pierced ever did to me? self-fulfillment i may say? and of course, tho as usual as it is over in california,it sure is still something new for an asian chick to have ! ;) which lures my prey into being more interested in me! haha jk. seriously tho, i coulndt imagine myself without my tongue ring. its a part of me.  its one of the things that DEFINES JANNA ;)

XOXO, JANNALU, SN

No comments: